Tuesday 10 July 2012

Recently, my school took me to Paris for an art trip. The purpose of the whole trip was to look at art galleries and broaden our understanding of art history.
Wandering through the Louvre and Musee D'Orsay, I realised, stereotypical fine art is not what I enjoy, the innovative designs that lay in the Pompadou are what caught my eye. From a young age, I've always been interested in art that makes you stand and really look deep into the piece.
For example, this image by Jorg Immendorf evokes thoughts into what he wanted to portray. The title of the painting, I presume, is The Wood Of The World, as it is written in french (La foret du monde). 
What do you see when you look at this? Do you just see a mirror laying in a forest, or do you see something deeper, further than the external image? Look closely at the image reflected in the mirror and you see a different scene altogether. It's up to you what you make of it, i'm sure the artist has their own idea of what they want you to see, but create your own opinion. 

1 comment: