Friday 10 August 2012

Worth the hype?

Untitled #11
So for a while now, I've been seeing this particular brand of moroccan oil going around the blogger/youtube world, and most reviews have praised this oil and sometimes even stated that it's a miracle worker.
The purpose of this oil is to calm frizz, add shine and soften to create beautiful hair, which is certainly the look I'd love.

Moroccanoil Oil Treatment is an ultra-light formula which is absorbed by the hair instantly, resulting in a natural, silky finish and brilliant shine without leaving a residue.
Moroccanoil Oil Treatment has the ability to restore over-processed hair damaged by environmental factors and chemical 
procedures.

The smallest bottle size is 25ml and comes in at £12.85 on feel unique.com, and there is also a formulation for thin/lighter hair, which costs the same. The larger 100ml bottle (shown above) is a tad more expensive taking £30.45 out of your pocket.

Having naturally curly and frizzy hair, I was definitely bought by the thought of being able to have shine but still retaining the curls. Anyone with hair similar to mine will know that as soon as the curls are brushed out, they turn into something resembling an afro (having a dad who used to have an afro doesn't help that i've inherited the style), so I don't tend to brush my hair when it's curly. I know, you're probably thinking that's so bad! I brush it in the shower with a tangle teezer which does the job without ripping the hair out of my head, but I diverge, enough about me.

I have yet to try this particular brand because I'm not willing to fork out money from my pocket for something that can be found cheaper in a different product.

So, I decided to investigate a few different oils and products from different places.
In Leeds, there are a few shops that cater to the afro-caribbean hair which can be so difficult to deal with. I have been going there from a very young age, and have always found that the products do tame that ghastly frizz, but they leave a sheen to the hair that just screams product.

What do you think?
Is it worth the price or the hype?

Nat xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment